Thursday, November 18, 2010

11/18/2010 DB Dailies

I'm happy to report the return of Sam to Rabbit Island. He was just hauling out to the left end of the beach at 0644. He moved up to spend most of the day at the cliff. At 1213 he moved down to cool off, allowing the ID. I last saw him on 11-6-10. He appears happy and well.

On a pan at 1051 I found Sadie just hauling out at Rocky Right beach on RI. She would remain there the rest of the day.

 Again on a pan at 1137 I found a swimming head off shore of 1BS, swimming to the right. It would prove to be RIP. He hauled out to 80 ft right of 3BS, and remained there the rest of the day.

At 0749 on my SC check I got just a brief look at a small animal with new coat and 2 red tags, just swimming through at Spitting Cave. I could only see the left side, and can rule out Duke since there was no bleach. It will have to go down as an U/U but my dollar is on Kolohe. He disappeared around the corner heading east , and I did not see that, or any other animal after that.

Team Billand reported 2AW at Tracks at 1000. Next they found Kermit at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 1051. They got a call from White Plains lifeguards at 1447 reporting "N6" just hauling out in front of the #1 lifeguard stand . They responded and confirmed the Benny ID.

Dera called at 1153 to advise that she had gotten a call from somebody reporting "N6" on the Mokes, in Kailua today. It will be interesting to see if she shows up in my life tomorrow, or if she'll do a Molokai run (or both).
P.S.  Karen Rohter reported there were no seals up at Turtle Bay... maybe they all heading out before the holidays.... only to return on the holiday.
 RIP

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I am happy Sam finally returned home. I wonder, where does this little soul go? Where is his OTHER hang out? As small as he is, does he take a hike to MOLOKAI or KAUAI? Its comforting to know, he is happy and well, snoozing at R.I. again. AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Only Sam knows where is vacations are spent. An interesting little factoid has developed. I've noticed that his standard time away from RI is 12 days. DB