Monday, November 22, 2010

11/21/2010 DB Dailies

On my 2nd look at Irma's I found Irma in line with the Kealahou light. She had not been there on my 1st look at 0600. I cordoned her off and she has remained all day. I picked up the rope at 1830. Irma remains.

At 0707 I found Buster and Kolohe playing and rolling in the shore break at 1BS on Rabbit Island, they did partial haul outs. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0917 Buster and Kolohe, now joined by Duke, 80 ft right of 3BS on RI. They would remain there all day. There was only minimal interaction between Kolohe and Duke, mostly getting bumped in the head on repositioning moves, by hind flippers. Basically , they snoozed away the day.

Coming back down the hill from Blowhole Lookout, I could see an all too familiar lump on the beach at the east end of Sandy Beach, at 0820. When I got down there at 0824 I found Right Spot. Since the moment that Dera had told me on 11-18-10 that Right Spot was at the Mokes, I knew this day was in my immediate future. It was just a matter of when. Today was When . She departed of her own volition at 1315, when the rising tide began to get to her. I did not see her again today.

Team Billand called at 0728 with the report of RO28, once again at Guard Rails Beach, Maili Pt.

At 0916 they reported Kermit at Kalaeloa Campgrounds.

At 1118, Benny did his entrance to White Plains. It sounded like yet another nightmare day at WP.

Barbara called at 1642 to advise that Kermit was gone, at Nimitz Cove, however Rocky had taken his place. ! Barbara advises that Rocky has a new wound on her LHF.

Irma
 Right Spot

No comments: