Thursday, August 5, 2010

8/5/2010 DB Dailies

Kolohe was the only Rabbit Island resident on my first look at 0650. He would later relocate for a while to 1BS, and then return to spend the rest of the day at 3BS.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0833 I found that Buster and Duke had joined the cast at the far left end of the beach. Duke would remain there all day, however Buster entered the water at 0918, and I did not see him again today.

At 0938 RIP hauled out to join Duke at the left end. He would reenter the water at 1002 and haul out briefly to join Kolohe at 1BS, but then return to Duke, and remain there the rest of the day.

At 1101, chaos arrived in the form of Benny. He initially hauled out for 1 minute with Kolohe at 3BS, but then reentered the water and haul out again to RIP and Duke's location at the left end. He and RIP had heated words, and RIP appeared to dominate, but Benny managed to sneak around him and gain access to Duke. RIP went after him again, and Benny did the slow, macho roll to the water. He would again haul out for 1 minute with Kolohe at the right end, and I did not see him again after that. I had a mean feeling that Benny would reappear in my life, so I went to Sandy Beach from 1300 - 1400, waiting for him to do his usual afternoon haul out, but alas, it never happened. I returned to Makai Pier, and so far at least the phone has not rung.

At 1106, Sam hauled out to the left end rock flats. That area is a favorite foraging spot for all weaners. The tide pools are full of small prey items when the tide is up. When I panned back at 1114 he was no longer there. The high tide probably made it impossible to be there. He would haul out at 1218 to join RIP and Duke, where he remained the rest of the day.

This was D#37 for R5AY 7 Pup, at Turtle Bay.

Benny and Kolohe
RIP and Duke
RIP and Benny
RIP Benny and Duke

No comments: