Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8/24/2010 DB Dailies

At 0600 I was at Hanauma Bay to pick up yesterday's stuff. I found Ewa Girl still at her left side rock flats perch.

At 0725 I found an animal fronting 3BS on Rabbit Island that I would finally confirm as M&M (R020) just right of 3BS. Her female belly, and new coat were immediately apparent. By 1307 I had seen her scar above her left front nipple but I finally confirmed the ID when I got home at 1600 to check my M&M file shots. She was last seen by my wife at KP on 8-14-10. She would remain there all day.

At 0946 I found Kolohe at the right end of the Middle Cliff. He would relocate to 1BS, and would meet Sam there. They did a swim/play session at 1210.

At 1237, Charlie (RI13) hauled out to join M&M , and they had a few words. He would stay only briefly, entering the water and later joining the Sam and Kolohe play session at 1253, which brought and end to that. Sam did a hurried haul out to the rocks fronting 1BS, and Kolohe would later haul out to join M&M at 3BS. Charlie would haul out to 1BS to join Sam, who kept moving away from him, but both were more or less together for the rest of the day.

Since everyone was in snooze mode, I decided to do a check of the SE quadrant, at 1428. When I got to the Blowhole Lookout I found Buster doing dives of 1 to 3 minutes. His last dive was close to the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Lookout, so I relocated over there to get a better view. I discovered that Buster had hauled out to the rock flats in that cove. When I first saw an animal I thought it might be Lona since that is where we met, years ago, but when I saw the 2 red tags, that ruled out Lona.

Team Billand reported Makaiwi at Campbell Industrial Park at 0925. She would depart at 1723. They met DOCARE Officers who were looking for a report, "speared seal". Fortunately, that proved not to be the case.

At 1542, posse member Lesley, who was doing Ua Malie duty at Turtle Bay, reported that Right Spot had spent the day at her usual spot closer to the hotel. She was gone at 1542.

Ua Malie seems to have something on the right side of her face. The team will be going out tomorrow morning to access the situation.

Diane Pike called at 1210 to report that she had Benny on Molokai. I've since seen her shots and can confirm the Benny ID. That boy does get around. He had been at White Plains with Makaiwi on 8-22-10.
Ewa Girl
Charlie and Sam
Charlie and M+M
Kolohe and Sam
Kolohe and M+M
M&M (peanut or plain... always wanted to do that)
Buster

No comments: