Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8/25/2010 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0635 I found Ewa Girl to the right of 2BS, and M&M, 100 ft right of 3BS. Both would remain there all day. This marked Ewa Girl's first return to RI since she weaned Sam on 7-9-10. I have zero doubt that she has returned to do her molt. Sam was nowhere to be found today.

At 0647 I found Duke tucked into the base of the left end cliff, 50 ft left of 1BS. He would move down to cool off, and remained there all day.

At 0700, on my Blow Hole check, I found Buster on D#2 of his BH adventure , doing 6 minute dives. On my 1500 check he was snoozin' in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the BH Lookout.

I got back to Makai Pier at 0912, and at 0914 Mojo hauled out to the right of 3BS to join M&M. Mojo has become a Molokai boy of late. His last visit to his RI roots was on 7-18-10 for a day, and before that 5-4-10. That is the power of those Molokai chicks I guess. His right side N21 bleach, and his natural bleach on his head were clearly visible, though the shots don't show them.

At 0938, Kolohe hauled out to join M&M and Mojo. He remained all day, but maintained a respectful distance for the adults.

I haven't heard any official news on Ua Malie's adventure today. Apparently, she was successfully captured, and I'm told , unofficially that there were no hooks anywhere, but I do not know that for a fact. What I do know is that she is now RT10, and she has a spiffy new transmitter. She was returned to the beach around 1236. Hopefully, we'll be hearing more about the day. Thank you to Team Billand and Diane Gabriel for the shots, and to all the hot,sweat, and bloody souls who went on the mission.

Ewa Girl
Kolohe, Mojo and M+M
Mojo and M+M
Buster

No comments: