Monday, August 2, 2010

8/2/2010 DB Dailies

At 0640 , from the Makapuu Overview I found Kolohe at the far right end of the beach on Rabbit Island. He remained there all day, as has been the case over the last several days.

At 0919 when I back to Makai Pier I found Buster and Sam together, 40 ft left of 1BS.

At 1031 on a pan I found Sadie on the far left end of the beach.

At 1058 first Sam and then Buster entered the water for a swim/play session. I had to take off for Diamond Head, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 1359 I found Sam, Sadie and Buster all at the far left end. They would remain there the rest of the day.

At 1113 posse member Rachel called from Diamond Head with the report of 2 animals (both with transmitters). When I arrived at 1155 I found only Makaiwi (R4DF) on the beach, mid way between the Graffiti Bunker and Colleen's house. According to Rachel the other animal took off just prior to my arrival, she followed as the animal swam in a Waikiki direction , but lost it to the right of the showers. In debriefing Rachel she was describing what I believe to by RIP, but of course that is only my personal opinion. I've got a call in to Charles , hoping for some help, but have not heard back as of this writing. Though Makaiwi has been an almost daily member of my day to day life, via Team Billand reports, this marks the first time we've actually met. I agree with the Billands, cute da' girl !!! This is her first sighting anywhere other than the SW quadrant. As of 1900 Makaiwi was still snoozin' at Diamond Head.

Speaking of Team Billand, regular readers will have noticed no TB for the last couple of days. Now you know why. All the usual suspects from the SW quadrant are visiting the SE quadrant (or Molokai) it seems. That changed today.

Team Billand did the Ka'ena Point trek and found Ka'ena, RI37, 4DJ, M&M and Kiko at the end of the world.

I got a call from White Plains life guard , Bryan , reporting a new arrival at the Kalaeloa Campgrounds at 1312. Team Billand, heading back to civilization, took the call, and at 1613 confirmed the animal as Ewa Girl !
Kolohe
Sadie
Sam, Sadie and Buster
Maka'iwi
I'll just snooze until Auntie Colleen gets home.

No comments: