Sunday, August 8, 2010

8/7/2010 DB Dailies

At 0647 I found Kolohe fronting 3BS on Rabbit Island. He would remain there all day. His D#2 molt is 10%.

The cast remained the same when I got back to Makai Pier at 0845. On a pan at 0957 I found that Sam had hauled out the the far left end of the beach on RI. He would remain there the rest of the day.

Buster would appear at 1050, and hauled out to join Sam at 1054. They would remain there together for the rest of the day.

At 1127 I got a call from a Sandy Beach lifeguard posse member , reporting an animal trying to haul out at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1133 I found Benny swimming the beach front trying to find a place to haul out, but the hordes were following him at the water line trying to get "the shot". I had only marginal success getting them to move back. Finally he appeared to go around the rocks at the east end of Sandy Beach, and the hordes lost interest. I knew he was hauling out to the sewer outfall, and managed to get a cordon up around the area. He remained there the rest of the day. Mostly, nobody had a clue he was there. Benny departed of his own volition at 1906. I picked up the stuff and called it a day at 1930.

At 1125 , on a pan I found a male snorkeler , walking the beach at the right end of Rabbit Island, and had just enough time to make the DOCARE call, before departing for the Sandy Beach run. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1244, I found that the guy was still there , and was now at 1BS. Again I called DOCARE, and was told that there had been no DOCARE response, nor would there be one. The guy departed RI at 1337. There was never a DOCARE response............AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately , he did not interact with any of the 3 animals , at least in my presence.

At 1532, Team Billand called to report that they were responding to a Dera call about an animal at Ewa Beach Park, being harrassed. When they arrived they found Rocky, and got a cordon up around her. Thankfully, (for Rocky) she decided to take off at 1636, heading toward the east. Iroquois Point would be my hope. Thank you to Stephanie and Frank for all the help, Ya' Done Good !

White Plains is the biggest hell hole for Monk Seals, hands down , but anywhere at Ewa Beach is a solid #2. (no.... make that #1B)

Dana called with the report of an animal at Kewala Bay at 1253. It was not possible to get an ID.

This was D#39 for R5AY & Pup at Turtle Bay.

Buster and Sam
Kolohe
Benny
Rocky

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rocky looks "deflated". Is she OK?

Anonymous said...

Yes... Rocky is lookin' alittle baggy in the shorts, but that is always the case in the aftermath of six weeks of child rearing. In another month she will be round and firm and fully packed.

Donna said...

Child rearing and molting... the girl has been through alot in the last couple of months... She'll get her girlish figure back in no time. (thanks DB) I meant to comment last evening.

jaltarangart.in said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.