Friday, August 20, 2010

8/20/2010 ? where is my daily dose of db?

Aloha good people....

Well this doesn't happen very often when I am waiting past 11 PM for my DB update.... perhaps he had technical difficulties... or maybe I was accidentally left off the list, but sad to say I have no seal reports today.

I have to confess I am sitting here feeling a little uneasy, like something is missing.  This blog and DB have been a part of my daily life since February 2008. I know sometimes people comment about how much they love getting news about the seals and I certainly need my dose of news from the cast of characters, but this is different.  Updating this blog has become part of my routine, just as I brush my teeth every day and wouldn't think of going through a day without doing it... well here I sit realizing this blog is my connection to the seals, my connection to volunteers, my commitment to an old friend Chester and a friendship with DB, and I can't imagine not having some type of information to share.

Well my friends... I hope I have a double update for you tomorrow.... but for tonight I have no news... I know our little Ua Malie is doing well and giving her Aunties a run for their money...  Other than that we'll have to wait for other news.

All my best and stay tune.... ~donna~   p.s.  also just a quick update on my leg. i no longer have the big black boot or crutches and now have a small leg brace. the good news is i am healing ... the bad news is where i am putting weight on my foot i "feel" more pain.  hopefully this will be behind me real soon. 

2 comments:

val said...

Yes, I too am a Blog addict!! I am route to Florida and when I didn't get my daily email I became worried. Just not like the Whispered to be late with his dailies. Hope its just technical issues. I will stay tuned

Barbara said...

Well, I have to join in the comments myself..I am a blogger too and not getting the blog sucks big time. I thought it was my computer telling me to delete..I got too much on my computer files. So...I deleted many, many e's. IT hurts to do that, each one got lots of history on seals and seal work. Oh well, too late. It wasnt my computer this time...THE SEAL WHISPERER's. HE. HE. But, ya, I was concerned not getting our daily dose of SEALS IN HAWAII. Funny how that has become so big for me..THE DAILYS, DA BLOG. DA SEALS WHERE ABOUTS...But, thank heavens, it was a mistake, and, all is well. Looking forward to the news of what seal went where. I enjoyed your e too Donna...Da Blog Lady. We have all become such great friends, loyal, loving, caring. We need each other, itnt that sweet???? Yes!!!
And glad to hear, Ua Mailie is fending for her self all right. Yippee!!!!!!