Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/2010 DB Dailies

The first order of business was to check Sandy Beach at 0600. Benny was no longer there so I picked up the signs and continued on.

At 0721 I found Kolohe just hauling out on Rabbit Island, 40 ft left of 1BS. He would initially move up behind the Morning Glory, but would move down again to cool off later on, allowing the ID. At 1226 he was joined by Sadie. There was almost no interaction at all. Both remained there the rest of the day.

At 1132 Duke hauled out 60 ft right of 3BS. He would remain there the rest of the day.

At 1500 I got a "dead seal call" from D. Schofield, said to be 1/2 mile east of Sandy Beach, near "the black wall". I spoke with the caller and narrowed the location down to east of the AD's (Allen Davis Estate) wall. At 1511 , I'm oh so happy to report I found a very dead SHARK !! I notified NOAA personnel, and the caller of my find.
Kolohe & Sadie
Kolohe
Duke
ewwwwww  thank goodness its not a seal

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm sorry a shark was found dead, but oh so relieved.....it was a shark and not our beloved SEAL!!!!!!!