Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2/2/2010 DB Daily

I'm sure we all experienced the same rainy Hawaiian day today. I was experiencing it from the lanai at Makai Pier, at least for a while. All the SE quadrant spots were a bust today except Rabbit Island. There I found RIP and Kolohe , close together tucked into the notch between the Naupaka greeneries, to the right of 1BS. RIP would move down briefly allowing me to see his dorsal transmitter scar, and when he moved back up he gave Kolohe a nuisance nudge, which allowed me to see Kolohe's right side natural bleach.

Continuing rain, and zero to poor visibility made it necessary to take a break at 1230, but I was back at the pier at 1440 once the conditions improved a bit. When I peered into the scope I immediately saw that RIP was now fronting 1BS, and he was busily climbing all over Sadie, while Kolohe remained at the greenery notch. Being the highly paid professional that I am I immediately reached for my camera to get the great interaction shots of RIP and Sadie, only to find that the highly paid professional left the camera battery in the charger at home !!!! I actually even when back to the house , grabbed the battery and returned but by then Sadie had assumed her usual position up behind the Morning Glory to the left of 1BS and was just barely visible. On top of that it started to rain again. I give up already !

No comments: