Monday, February 1, 2010

2/1/2010 DB Daily

The first order of business was to check Sandy Beach at 0600. Right Spot was gone, so I picked up the signs and continued on.

My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust until I got to Spitting Cave. There I found Kolohe doing 6 minute dives. It was a washing machine there, but he seemed to be a happy little dude getting sloshed around next to the big rock. His right side natural bleach and his dorsal epoxy patch were clearly visible.

I got back to Makai Pier at 0900, and at 0936 RIP hauled out to the left end of the beach where he remained all day. At 0938, what would prove to be Sadie, hauled out fronting 1BS. There is no doubt in my little , bald mind that she is definitely yesterday's U/F It took many hours but she finally gave me a look at her left side N20 bleach. It is very difficult to see. She would remain there all day.

At 1017 what would prove to be Mikala hauled out at the right end of the beach, but spent the entire day only partially visible behind some rocks. Finally, at 1506 after relocating to Kaupo Beach Park, I got a decent look at her, and saw her left side N20 bleach.

Barbara Billand and Pup made the Ka'ena Point trek today. They found Ka'ena and Sharkbite (T15M). T15M had last been seen , at KP but Brenda Sparks in 10-09.

Barbara called at 1027 to say that she'd gotten a call from one of her posse members reporting Ewa Girl at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.

RIP

Sadie
Kolohe @spitting cave

No comments: