Monday, February 15, 2010

2/15/2010 DB Dailies

On my initial look at Rabbit Island at 0709 , from the Makapuu Overview, I found what would prove to be Kolohe up in the grass at the right end of the beach. When I got down to Makai Pier at 0718 I could then see that Sadie was 40 ft left of 1BS, and what would turn out to be Duke was up in the Morning Glory to the right of 3BS. Later in the day at 1111, Buster would haul out to join Kolohe. When I got back to the pier at 0930, Sadie was no longer there. The rest of the cast was there for the day.
One of the pier fisherman told me that at approximately 0800 he'd seen two seals off shore of Kaiona Beach Park (near "Magnum's house") . He said they appeared to be feeding, and had no further info. Sadie was be one possibility, but ????????
On my 3rd check of Irma's I found that Irma had arrived, 300 ft east of the Kealahou traffic light. She has remained there all day. I'll be returning to her shortly.
On the 0818 Spitting Cave check Marilyn and I found RIP doing 9 minute dives.
Team Billand reported Kermit at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz Beach jetty at 0925. At 0938 they reported that Benny had arrived. My heart goes out them since they had a nearly impossible location to defend against tooooooo many people, and tooooooo many dogs.
The Billand's Benny photos provide a dramatic look at his newly acquire Cookie Cutter wound. That is definitely gonna' leave a mark.
Irma remained at Irma's . I picked up the rope at 1920.

Kolohe & Buster
RIP
Irma

No comments: