Friday, February 12, 2010

2/12/2010 DB Dailies

On my 0758 Spitting Cave check I found Duke doing 9 minute dives. After yesterday's Hanauma Bay visit I had a feeling I'd be seeing him at Spitting Cave today.

I sort of expected to see Irma at Spitting Cave also, but when she wasn't there, my next logical check was Irma's Grotto at the end of the Kokee Flats, Portlock. Sure enough at 0840 I found Her Largeness, snoozin' at the Grotto.

My first look at Rabbit Island had been a bust, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 1035 I found that Sadie had the place all to herself. She began up in the Morning Glory fronting 3BS, but later moved down to cool off allowing the ID. Again , the cold north winds made photos difficult.

Team Billand had yet another productive day, calling in 2AW at Nanakuli Beach at 1034, and then Kermit at Kermit's Reef, Nimitz Beach, and lastly, they found Benny at Keaau Beach (beyond Makaha) at 1238. Benny has sustained a new head wound. I'm guessin' Cookie Cutter bite.


2AW
Benny - ew this looks like it hurts.

No comments: