Friday, February 5, 2010

2/5/2010 DB Dailies

My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust, however , when I got back to Makai Pier at 0942 I found Kolohe just hauling out to the left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to the pier after a Sandy Beach run, I found that Sadie was now there at the left end and Kolohe was just moving down to join her. There was some minimal interaction and both spent the day together near the water line.

The Sandy Beach run came as a result of posse member Billy, a Sandy Beach lifeguard, calling at 1054 reporting an animal just hauling out at the Half Point rocks. When I arrived at 1104 I found Benny waiting for me. I got him cordoned off and he has spent the rest of the day there. I'll be returning to Sandy Beach shortly. The Benny story gets "curiouser" . Our boy Benny had last been seen at Kermit's Reef in the SW quadrant on 1-30-10. As I was beginning to type up these dailies, I got mail from Val, on Molokai, reporting Benny amongst the animals they had seen on their trek. I had not as yet had the time to check the date for the trek. Tracy then called at that exact moment asking if I'd seen Val's mail. I said yes, but at that exact moment I was stressin' because I thought Val and I had both seen Benny TODAY !! Thankfully, Tracy calmed me down and said that the trek report was from YESTERDAY !!! Interestly enough, when I saw Benny today I had the consious thought that either this guy is on his way to Molokai, or just comin' back. Looks like BACK is the answer. Thank you valiant trekkers !!!
I have one other little factoid for today's news. As regular readers will know, Right Spot has now been MIA at Sandy Beach for 5 days. When I called Tracy to tell her about Benny's arrival she passed on the news that a probable Right Spot was at the Turtle Bay hotel, about 1/4 mile south of the hotel. There is not one shred of scientific proof of the ID yet. but there is no doubt in my little, bald mind that it's her. I know exactly where that location is and I know that it is the epicenter of Right Spots' world. I think the girl has finally returned home !!!!! I'll whisper the news to Benny when I go back down to Sandy Beach.

Benny remained at Sandy Beach when I picked up the rope at 1915.


No comments: