Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2/24/2010 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island , to by great surprise, I found Right Spot lying 40 ft left of 2BS. So much for the being back on the North Shore where she belongs myth!
When I got back to Makai Pier at 0950 I found that Kolohe was now fronting the greenery to the right of 1BS. At 1024 he would begin moving down and right to join Right Spot. She brought that thought to a screeching halt with a bark at 15 ft. They remained there for the remainder of the day.

Just to broaden your Rabbit Island knowledge a bit, I'm happy to report that today was the day that the Sooty Terns landed. They have been in the area since the beginning of the month but today was the day that the chief Sooty said it's time. The Brown Noddys began landing on 2-21-10. This is a full week earlier that the usual 1 March landing date.

Team Billand reported Benny and R018 still together at Nimitz Beach. It appeared to be another overnighter. They saw Kermit foraging off the Nimitz jetty at 0737, but I have no further word. At some point during the day R018 took off, and while Barbara intially found Benny at NIM in the late afternoon, he would relocate to the east end fence at White Plains . She found him at 1720.

Nope..... we ain't done yet folks . I just got off the phone (1726) with Karen Bryan. She has KC at Pryamid Rock on MCBH.

KC

No comments: