Saturday, February 13, 2010

2/13/2010 DB Dailies

Well, it certainly wasn't what you'd call a routine day. My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust. Since Irma was known to be in the area I was especially on the look out for her. She wasn't at Spitting Cave, and my Kokee check also came up empty. Just as I was reaching Irma's Grotto, Marilyn called,at 0835, with the news that she was looking at an animal foraging at Blowhole. I immediately went to join her. Getting an ID was difficult with morning lighting conditions, but finally at 0925 we saw Irma's N3 bleach. She would remain there the rest of the day.

I got to Makai Pier at 1000 and as I was carrying my gear to the building, I spied Duke at the Makapuu end of the pier, on the inside. He was busily thrashing his breakfast to death. I most definitely saw his N18 bleach as I ran towards him. I had only my small camera and attempted to get a shot which was a dismal failure. A group of racer , 1 man outriggers was just passing very close to him, and he dove and I did not see him again. I , once again,I have only a "Loch Ness Monster" shot of what ya' just gotta' believe is Duke.

At 1020 I found RIP on Rabbit Island, 30 ft left of 2BS. He was the only RI resident today.

I'm adding a couple of Irma shots from her visit to Irma's Grotto yesterday. My poor little flu ravaged brain forgot to add the shots to yesterday's daily.
 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Good morning! Saw Irma's shots and boy she looks rather plump, so, do ya think she is PREGNANT?? IF so, when is she due, Yippeee!!! Something to look forward to again. Seeing her fat, PRICELESS!!! In seal world that is GREAT!! Really nice shots Seal Whisperer!!!!!!!!