Sunday, February 28, 2010

2/28/2010 DB Dailies

Sandy Beach posse person, Mike, called at 0550 to report that Right Spot was still at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0600 I found her right where I'd left her last night. I restrung the rope and continued on. We rechecked her throughout the day, and I will be returning there shortly.

Rabbit Island observation conditions were horrible today, but I was there at Makai Pier giving it a shot. I found RIP at 2BS at 0720, and became of little Mikala up near some Morning Glory to the left of 1BS at 0944. She had no doubt been there all along and I'd simply missed her until then. At 0948 Duke hauled out at the right end of the beach and immediately moved up into the grass, where he snoozed away the day.

Team Billand called at 0802 to report Kermit at White Plains. The next call came at 0947 to report Benny at Nimitz Beach. Benny would take off at around 1000, and head in an easterly direction. While Barbara was pursuing him she happened on to Rocky snoozin' on the reef at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. White Plains lifeguard , Bryan, called at 1030 to report an animal just hauling out to WP. Team Billand confirmed that it was none other than our boy Benny. On a later check of Rocky they found she had moved up onto the beach and was visible from the road, which natural brought more interest.

I happened onto some shots of Lona (R017) on the FLICKR site, taken Lahaina, Maui on 2-27-10. She is sporting her new F2 bleach, and lookin' darned chunky.

Right Spot departed Sandy Beach of her own volition at 1850. I picked up the stuff and called it a day at 1900.

Duke
RIP and Mikala
Benny and Kermit
Kermit and Bethany
Rocky
Lona on Maui

No comments: