Friday, February 19, 2010

2/19/2010 DB Dailies

It was yet another cold and windy day. Rabbit Island observations were challenging. It would take until 0958 to finally get a cast on the beach. Kolohe and Sadie hauled out together, 50 ft right of 1BS. They remained there all day, with virtually no interaction.
At 0703 , on my 2nd look at Irma's I found Irma directly in line with the Kealahou traffic light. I got her cordoned off and she spent a rainy day snoozin' near the water line. I'll be returning to check on her shortly.
Team Billand reported Benny at 0840, once again near the east end fence at White Plains. He is due to molt any second now, and this is certainly beginning to look like molting behavior.
At 0910 the Billands reported Kermit and R018 off shore of Nimitz Beach, but it would take until 1100 for them to finally haul out.
When I checked Irma at 1800 she had departed. I picked up the stuff and called it a day.

Pot of Gold - Irma
Benny
Kermit & R018

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Really a neat shot with the bow and a royal lady on shore. Peaceful, yet dramatic. Cool.