Monday, August 3, 2009

Pretty Much A Perfect Day

Aloha Good People!
There are some days that are just perfect. I flew this morning from Oahu over to Molokai on a perfectly clear blue sky white cloud day. Upon arriving in Molokai I was met at the airport by volunteer Val... Now I have been in touch with Val via the blog and emails for almost 8 months but we never met, for me this is one of the many rewards of being involved with the monk seals as well as maintaining this blog....
Val immediately took me to see the "boy" KP..... He looks great, and how nice to see him again. Apparently he has quite a fan club and has taken over someones boat From what I observed and was told this little one has won the hearts of many in the community there... young and old people came by to ask about the seal. Diane and Val along with the handful of volunteers over there have managed to take good care of him in spite of some of the difficult circumstances.
I was able to talk story with some of the people about Mr. KP and how important it is we look out for his well being.... We all shared a tremendous connection with this little "bugger".
Next Val took me on a mini tour of some of KP's hang outs... for a little guy he sure gets around. Here's a couple of shots of the day... THANK YOU VAL, AND DIANE for making me feel at home. ~donna~
p.s. by the way... i got some competition for who is db's biggest fan...








2 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow. That is a beautiful thing, you got to meet Val and Diane, two super great gals. And..you saw KP2 in person, Wow, THAT IS SO SWEET. THanks for sharing your shots, your observation of his condition and, how many people LOVE KP. He is a BIG STAR ON MOLOKAI, HUH? That one pic of him on the boat...Hawaiian Time...Priceless. After KP2 left Oahu that Dec of 08, my heart has this gaping hole for him. He has taught all of us so much and he still is. Appreciate all those involved in his care. KP will always remain in my heart and soul. I so miss that sweet Hawaiian Monk Seal. How could Mom abandone that little guy??? HOw????? And that was a really nice photo of the Godesses of Molokai...Val and Diane!!!

Cridge Autos said...

Great blogsite - found it from randomly trawling the web, awesome photos too!

All the best!


Swindon Car Air Conditioning