Saturday, August 15, 2009

DB Post Satuday 8/15/2009

Until late in the day it was a Rabbit Island kinda' day. It began with finding Mikala lolling in a tide pool at the right end of the beach at 0644, from MO. When I got to the pier for the fist look, I found Ewa Girl at the left end of the beach at 0652. At that time her D#7 molt was approximately 85 %. She would depart RI at 0701. At 1409 I got a call from posse person Ethel, at HB reporting a newly hauled out animal on the left side rock flats. When I arrived at 1430 I found a 95% molted Ewa Girl.

At 0822 I became aware that what would prove to be Sadie was at the left end of the beach. She would remain there all day .

M38 was the next arrival, at 0914. He was in classic cruiser male mode, hauling out to every other cast member. He ended the day, by himself at 1BS.

RIP showed up at 1133, and he too was in cruiser male mode, hauling out to all the same spots as M38. They had a few spats, all of which RIP seemed to control.

The neatest find came at 1022 when on a routine pan I found a suspicious looking rock 250 ft beyond the right end of the beach, at a place I call 3rd Cave. At 1048 the rock moved !!! By 1133 I could confirm that it was Duke. By 1133 he had galumphed his way to the right end of the beach.

I called it a day after the Hanauma Bay run at 1530.









No comments: