Friday, August 28, 2009

DB Post Friday 8/29

On my first look at Rabbit Island the cast for today was RIP and Sadie together and Kolohe tucked into the base of the cliff at the left end of the beach, 40 ft left of 1BS. They would all move down to cool off, and remained at that location through the entire observation period.

At 0717 I found Mikala, foraging in the shallows, 50-60 ft right of 3BS. She would haul out to the beach at 1220.

On a recheck from the Makapuu Overview (MO), at 0834,I found Duke, just as yesterday, on the left side rocks at the rubble beach at the right end. He had been totally invisible from Makai Pier (MP).

White Plains lifeguard, Bryan, called at 1229 with the report of an animal fronting the last cottage. Since the Billands were unavailable, I decided to make the SW quadrant run. When I arrived at 1337 I found Ewa Girl fronting cottage #1943. This is her first return to the SW quadrant since completing her molt at RI.

I checked the rest of the SW quadrant from KAL to CIP, but found nobody else.

Barbara Billand, Tracy,Shawn and others made the Ka'ena Point trek on Operation Kerby, and found Ka'ena, T15M, and BG, but alas, no Kerby. BG is 100% molted, and Ka'ena got a new N9 bleach.



No comments: