Monday, August 24, 2009

DB Post Monday 8/24 2009

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0655, Buster was high on the beach, fronting 1BS at the left end, but when I got back to the pier for the day at 0845 he had departed and I did not see him again today.

On that 0845 check I found that Kolohe was tucked into the base of the cliff at the left end. I had not seen him in the early morning shadows and glare on the first check. He moved down at 1104.

Initially I found Duke and Mikala playing together at the right end of the beach, to the right of 3BS, but at 1002 Duke hauled out, 80 ft left of 1BS at the left end. When Kolohe moved down, Duke galumphed over to join him. They played on the beach for several minutes before entering the water together where play continued.

I took a break from 1200 until 1300, and when I got back Duke was on the beach at the far left end of the beach, while Kolohe was on the beach 80 ft left of 1BS. They would remain at those locations the rest of the day.

Mikala hauled out at 1325 to her favorite rock, 60 ft right of 3BS. She would remain there the rest of the day.





No comments: