Thursday, August 27, 2009

DB Post Thursday 8/28

On my first look at Rabbit Island , from the Makapuu Overview (MO), I could see Duke, with his N18 bleach clearly visible, out on the water front rocks, right of 3BS.

When I got down to Makai Pier (MP), I could see Mikala floating in her favorite tide pool, right of 3BS. She would later haul out to the beach at that location and cruise there the rest of the day.

On my 0744, Spitting Cave check I found Buster doing consistent 8 minute dives.

When I got back to MP at 0958 I found that M38 had hauled out to the left end of the beach. He would remain there until 1044,when he departed, and I did not see him again today.

At 1053 Kolohe hauled out to the left end of the beach, 30 ft left of 1BS. He would remain there all day.

At 1059, Sadie hauled out the the far left end of the beach, where she remained the rest of the day.

Ever since I got back to MP at 0958 I had been constantly searching for Duke. I never found him, but my substantial gut told me that he was probably hiding behind the left side rocks of the rubble beach at the far right end. I relocated to Makapuu Overview from 1400 to 1500, and sure enough there was Duke flopped flat on his back on the rocks at the rubble beach, clearly visible from MO, but totally invisible from the pier.

No comments: