Tuesday, August 18, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 8/18/2009

I was on the road at 06:00, but my first look at Rabbit Island, as well as the rest of the SE quandrant was a bust. It was not until my return to Makai Pier at 09:05 that I finally found a furry freind. It would prove to be Kolohe, who was hiding behind some rocks at the right end of the beach. He would later move up with the rising, high tide.

On a pan at 10:01 I found a newly hauled out Mikala at the Middle Cliff area. She would later galumph to the right and join Duke, who moved up into my view at 10:09. Though the shot doesn't show his new bleach justice. Duke's N18 bleaches are grrrreat! Totally visible, and readable with the scope. Tracy done good !

Duke and Mikala would spend the rest of the day at the right end of the Middle Cliff area. On a pan at 13:08 I founf that RIP had arrived at the far left end of the beach. He did a cruiser male trip from the left end to the right end and back, and hauled out again to the same spot at 13:38, where he spent the rest of the day.

Barbara Billand, and my favorite PIRO person Jean Higgins, did the KP trek today. They found Ka'ena at the end of the world.








No comments: