Thursday, August 13, 2009

DB Post Thursday 8/13/2009

At 0633, on my first Rabbit Island look, from the Makapuu Overview (MO), I found M38 just hauling out at the left end, and head bobbing his way up to the Morning Glory. Duke was not too far to the right, at near the first greenery, playing with sticks, and Mikala was way down at the right end, flopped in a tide pool.

When I got down to Makai Pier (MP)at 0646 I found that Ewa Girl was partially visible behind a sand dune and Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. When I got back to the pier for the day at 0857, Ewa Girl had departed, so I have no percentage information on her molt status. I did not see her again today. Most animals do not forage, during the molt process, but Ewa Girl is one of the exceptions. She does a swim and feed everyday.

When I settled down for the day at the pier at 0857, I found that Duke had now moved to the far left end of the beach. and M38 had relocated to the far right end of the beach. Mikala had hauled out of her tide pool, and spent the day on the rock flats. When M38 finally repositioned at 0932 I saw that there had been a small, red tagged animal behind him, since my arrival. It would take until 1115 to confirm that it was Kolohe.

Team Billand called at 1210 to report that Irma was at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach



No comments: