Thursday, August 6, 2009

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0630 I found Ewa Girl at the far left end once again, and what would prove to be Kolohe up in the grass at the right end of the beach. He would later move down onto the beach.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0909 I found that Sadie had joined Ewa Girl at the left end, as she has the last few days.

At 0913, as I panned down the beach, I found Duke snoozin' at mid Middle Cliff. He would remain there all day.

At 0929 I found Mikala rolling around in the shallows fronting 3BS. She would haul out at 1003 and spend the rest of the day at what has become her spot just left of 3BS.

On a pan at 1156 I found that M38 had hauled out at the left end and was in the process of nuzzling Sadie. She did just the right thing, and gave him no response at all. He ultimately tired of the game and reentered the water at 1212, only to move down to the right end and haul out to join Kolohe. Once again he got a minimal response. Kolohe just moved up and away from him, and M38 returned to the water. I did not see him again today.

David Schofield called at 0746 to report N3 at Nimitz Beach . He said he had already contacted the Billands. Team Billand confirmed the Irma ID. They called again at 1450 to advise that Irma was no longer there

No comments: