Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 8/25

It was an off and on drizzly day in the SE quadrant. On my first look I found Ewa Girl high on the beach near 2BS. She would depart at 0840 and I did not see her again today.

Also at 0645 I could see Duke and Mikala playing in their favorite tide pool at the right end of the beach. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0845 Mikala and Duke were snoozin' on the water front rocks at the same tide pool, however they were approximately 10 ft apart. Mikala would move into the water at 0911.

At 0913 Buster showed up, and hauled out to join Duke. They did some little nuzzling, and Duke began moving toward the water, with Buster right behind. I got occasional glimpses of both playing together through 0948. Thereafter I no longer saw Buster, and I did not see him the rest of the day.

The rest of the morning was quiet, so I took a break from 1200 until 1300. When I got back I found that Kolohe had joined the cast. He was by himself at the far left end of the island. Mikala was on the water front rocks at her tide pool, and Duke was by himself at the far right end, rubble beach. All were in snooze mode when I departed the pier at 1500.

Team Billand finally broke their dry spell, calling excitedly at 1136 to report Rocky, near the 2nd bunker on the west side of the Nimitz Beach jetty. She had last been seen (by the Billands) at Nimitz Beach, on 8-11-09. Where she has been, only Rocky knows.

I received shots from the Maldonados of a molting female at Mokuleia on 8-24-09. The inital photos were inconclusive, however a second batch of shots received this morning clearly show Lona's right side , mid body CC scar, and her left face scar. She appeared to be approximately 85% molted.

An email received from Jenn just moments ago, advised that Lona was still at Mokuleia today. No word on percentage.

No comments: