Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday Afternoon with ...... 5AY & P02

Aloha Good People:

I spent the late afternoon shift with 5AY & pup and was lucky enough to see the tail end of their afternoon swim... Pup is looking very strong and 5AY is being a GREAT mom, lots of chatter between the two of them.... there were 4 feedings (two lasting over 30 minutes)....

Also I don't know if its possible BUT I did a shift yesterday and this PUP looks like he got bigger overnight.... big fat round belly not as many wrinkles.... coat isn't as jet black seeing tints of reddish brown (might be the late afternoon sun too)....

I had an incident with a beach goer who felt he didn't need to walk around and this was after spending 5 minutes talking with me about volunteers protecting them from any disturbances. He walked around on the 1st pass and then on his way back went through the parameter waving me off...

I actually think that since the area was expanded over the weekend it may be taking up too much of the beach and should think about putting it back to the original barrier... This may help in getting some of these people to be more cooperative.... Also it is very hard to monitor from such a distance. Okay my nickels worth of opinions... ~donna~



No comments: