Saturday, May 24, 2008

DB Post Saturday May 24th

Ewa Girl & Pup (D#34),& Sadie@ RI, Irma@ Waikiki, Rocky@Diamond Head & RO38 at Germaine's Luau Grounds
It's been a very long, hot day in Waikiki with Irma. Brenda called at 0719 with an HPD report on an animal a Queen's Beach. When I arrived at 0742 , there was Irma. She remained until 1700. Based on the last couple of haul outs, I've finally quit trying to convince myself that she was just a fat chick. The girl is definitely looking pregnant. She is due roughly the end of August. We Shall See !

I only got a quick look at RI this morning on the first pass. I found Ewa Girl and pup at the left end of the island, and Sadie and an Unknown male partial visible at 3BS. I got back to the pier briefly from 1154 to 1230 I saw Ewa Girl and pup haul out and do a feed. The other two were still only partially visible.

I returned to Waikiki where Lesley , John Johnson, and Cindy and I continued Irma duty.

Colleen Heyer called at 1000 to report that Rocky had overnighted on her outfall perch at Diamond Head. I recieved email from Colleen just a while ago advising that Rocky was still there as of 1900.

Brenda called with the report of an animal at Germaine's Luau Grounds at Campbell's Industrial Park. The Billands responded and reported the animal as the little , Molokai female RO38 (aka Pooh). Aloha, DB









No comments: