Monday, May 19, 2008

DB Post Monday May 19th

Ewa Girl& Pup (D#29, RIP & Buster@ RI, Irma@ Kokee, 5-19-08
My day began with finding Irma for the 2nd consecutive day, at "Irma's Grotto" at the end of the Kokee flats.

Ewa Girl & pup (D#29) along with RIP and Buster made up the RI cast. EG & pup made a change to the usual pattern. Their water sessions were longer than previous days, and on the afternoon swim they began to explore the island from the surf break at the left tip of the island to the 2nd Blue Sign (2BS), which was the birth site. This was a distance of approx 500 ft, and they did the swim 2 1/2 times. It was the first observed exploration activity, and it comes at the beginning of week #4.

The pup is really fat, and is decked out in it's new rust red coat. The belly is beginning to lighten up, so I was on a mission to sex the animal today. Unfortunately the kid didn't get the memo, and it never gave me a good clean look at the belly, plus the VOG was back again today, so visibility was less than perfect.

On Saturday, 5-17-08 I found Irma swimming in Hanauma Bay, just outside the reef. From my vantage point above, I could see that nobody was aware of her presence amongst them. I recieved email from Tracy today, with the attached photos showing that at least once person noticed.

I've heard nothing from the NS sites as of this writing. Aloha, DB







No comments: