Tuesday, May 20, 2008

DB Post Tuesday May 20th

Ewa Girl & Pup (D#30),R301 & Buster@ RI, Buster@ Spitting Cave, 5-20-08
The day began with Buster at Spitting Cave, doing 5-6 minute dives. He snuck off at 0712, but would pop up again in my life at Rabbit Island , later in the day.

The Rabbit Island cast was Ewa Girl and pup (D#30), and R301 and Buster.

I probably missed the first swim session of the day for EG and pup, but I did observe 2 swims and 2 feed. The swims were approximately 2 hrs. in length, and the ranging from the left end to the middle of the island. Their haul outs were always at their starting point at the left end of Rabbit Island. I got some looks at the kid's belly, but I won't commit on the sex at this time. The belly is beginning to lighten a bit, and the muzzle is being to turn white. This was the beginning of week #4.

I have not heard from the NS sites as of this writing. Aloha, DB

*** DB, I got home from NorthShore site with R5AY and P02.... I had the 4-7 shift with Malia and for the most part it was really quiet. Pup did some rolling and showed a lot of cuteness. The Pup nursed about 5:30 or so for only 10 minutes... BUT this was the 1st one I observed in which he spent almost a minute several times during the feeding. After the feeding both Mom and Pup were sleeping away and that how I left them.... ~donna~

No comments: