Wednesday, May 14, 2008

DB Post Wednesday May 14th

Ewa Girl&Pup (D#25), Sadie,R301 & RIP@ RI, Irma@SB, R5AY&Pup,& KC&Pup, NS, 5-14-08
Wow !!!! We have a new Oahu record today. This marks the first time ever that we had 3 Pups !!!!. Yep........ I said 3. Tracy called at 0654 to advise that KC and her new pup and been sighted at a Mokuleia location at 0630 this morning. I made an attempt to get there but never made it. Fortunately Tracy came through with some excellent photos.

Since I was on the road, I once again didn't get enough quality time with Ewa Girl and pup. It is D#25 and all is well. I only saw 2 feeds and 2 swims. Sadie, R301 and RIP were also there today.

I took a chance after doing by SE quadrant checks, and looking at SB 4 times, and made a NS run. I got to the R5AY sight atd 1100, and found them doing a feed. Unfortunately, my NS plan came crashing down with a call from Jack at HB, reporting that Lifeguards had reported an animal hauling out to the main beach at Sandys, fronting the Pipe Littles break. I immediately began the return to civilization, and an hour and a half later finally got Irma cordoned off. The LG's had done a minimal cordon, which I appreciate very much. Fortunately the crowd was thin today. Aloha, DB
KC and P03 Day 1
KC and baby P03
Look at me I'm P03
5AY and P02
5AY and baby P02

and the grand Dame Irma!

No comments: