Thursday, May 29, 2008

DB Post Thursday May 29th

Ewa Girl & Kerby , RB08@ RI , Rocky@ DH, R302@ Nimitz Beach
Ewa Girl and Kerby the Hippo Boy, along with the little 1 yr old female, RB08 from Molokai, were the Rabbit Island cast today. Kerby grows more rotund with each passing day. I was in and out a lot but I saw 2 feeds and a swim.

Colleen Heyer called at 0815 to report that Rocky was still at Diamond Head. She called again at 1058 to say that Rocky had departed but then called again at 1823 to report that Rocky was once again on her perch at DH. Checking the records it is beginning to look like this might be pre-molt behavior for Rocky, in a non-childbirth year. We shall see. This was D#7 of her current stint at DH.

The Billands called at 1230 to report an animal they believed to be R302 at Nimitz Beach, Kalaeloa. When I arrived at 1342, I found, and documented what is definitely R302 on the beach fronting Bldg #1811, on Nimitz Beach. I have since poured over my photos, the Billand's photos and the shots taken from the moment I first met this guy, through his most recent haul outs at Ewa Beach and Kalaeloa Campgrounds. There is zero doubt in my mind, now having seen him up close and personal, in his new coat that this is , was, and shall always be, R302 / Temp 406 / Tiny Tim / Yoda. All markers are consistent with the exception of his forehead wound which has since healed. Though still a small critter, he appears sleek, and happy.

I got back to civilization an 1st Beck's at 1700. Aloha, DB



















No comments: