Sunday, May 11, 2008

DB Post Sunday May 11th

Ewa Girl&Pup,RB08,R301&Mojo@ Rabbit Island, R038 Ka'ena Pt.&R030@ Pokai Bay
Ewa Girl &pup were once again at LPB on Rabbit Island. I observed 2 feeds and 2 swims, but I'm sure I missed the first round of activity this morning. I've known for 3 days now , that the kid's coat is changing. It was a more pronounced change today. It will be changing from the black coat of birth, to a light belly, charcoal back in a few more days.

RB08 & R301 were tucked into the base of the LPB cliff but moved down independently to cool off at mid morning. Mojo hauled out mid morning, at Ewa Girl's location, but a bark was all that was needed to move him off to the left, 40 ft or so.

When I got home this evening I found mail from Joanna Tabor confirming that a young , Molokai female, R038 was at Ka'ena Pt. today. She got one of the all time grrrrrrrreat shots, that I have to share.

Barbara Billand reported another Kalaupapa , Molokai female at Pokai Bay this evening. It was RO30. She has never been reported on Oahu until today. Aloha, DB

Barbara Billand called at 1743 reporting that they had found RO30 at Pokai Bay. This is another Kalaupapa , female born 4-25-06. This is the first Oahu sighting. Obviously , all those Kalaupapa birth are having an affect on the Oahu scene. Aloha, DB
Oh, my I guess Everybody Poops!




No comments: