Monday, June 2, 2008

DB Post Monday June 2nd


Ewa Girl&Kerby, Benny & Buster@ RI, Rocky@DH, Kermit@ WP
The day began with an early morning journey to Diamond Head. When I arrived at Rocky's usual , bunker perch, she was not there, so I picked up the signs and walked the 100 or so yds to Colleen Heyer's house, intending to leave the signs there, but also to check and see if maybe Rocky was there, since she'd done it before. Lo and Behold therrrrrrrre was Rocky, 30 ft west of Colleen's. According to Colleen she departed somewhere around 1330 or so due to the rising hign tide. Colleen called around 1700 to report that Rocky was once again back at her 2nd Bunker perch. When I saw her this morning I guesstimated her molt at a conservative 85% molted on this 4th day.

When I got to the pier for RI observations at 0916, Mom and the Kerby the Hippo Boy were snoozin' on the beach. I would observe 2 feeds and a swim. Humongeous is the operative word here.

Benny and Buster made up the rest of the RI cast today.

The White Plains lifeguards reported an animal at 1347. The Billands responded and confirmed that it was Kermit. Aloha, DB






No comments: