Friday, May 30, 2014

5/29/2014 DB's Dailies: Pua@RI, Buster@WP, Ka'ena & Kerby

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island I found Pua newly hauled out to the left end rock flats at 0933 . On my afternoon check it was still just Pua and a few zillion of his bird buddies on RI. I will spare you my crappy “shiny rock” shots of Pua, from 8/10th of a mile away.

 Pua was to be the only SE quadrant critter today. Despite thorough coverage by both Gayle and I, no others were found.

 At 0717 Team Billands reported Buster (RV08) lolling at the water line at White Plains. He would eventually haul out between #1707 & 1708. When the Billands got back to WP at 1450 Buster was gone.

 The Billands called with the report of an animal at the Makaha Cabanas. Volunteer Debbie responded but found nobody on arrival.

 Vera Cober did the trek to the end of the world and at 1257 reported having seen Ka’ena (RO40) at the 20 minute mark on the Waiane side trail. She also found Kerby (RW08) in a pool on the Mokuleia side of the point.

 Ka'ena 
 Kerby 
 tail in the air
 Buster 

No comments: