Sunday, March 9, 2014

3-9-2014 DB's Dailies: Kainoa&Nani@RI, Aukai@LL, Buster,Haupu&RIP@WP, Kermit@WSK, U'ilani&Ewa Girl@RR, UU@Kaimana Bch

At 0811 I found what would prove to be an overnighted Kainoa (RN04), once again at the back of the 1st Cave, on Rabbit Island. He would remain all day. I could make out his N0 bleach, and he did multiple hind flipper flexes through the day so I know he was alive.
 
At 1135 what would prove to be Nani (RK60) hauled out to Right Middle Cliff, on RI. I got a quick look at her left should N60 bleach, but had to check what I saw against the database when I got home. It was definitely Nani. I’d last seen her, at RI, on 2-15-14.
 
At 1235 Melanie called with the report of Aukai (RL12) at the Lanai Lookout Cove. She was still there on my 1424 check.
At 0750 Team Billand reported Buster (RV08) at the showers and Haupu (RB24) at the east end fence line, White Plains.
 
At 1200 the Billands advised that RIP (RR70) had hauled out to join Buster at WP.
 
At 1122 Eileen called the Billands to report Ewa Girl (RS00) at the Reef Runway.
 
At 1130 Team Billands reported Kermit (R012) at Wind Sock. I hope everybody saw Kermit’s article in the paper this morning.

Aukai at Lanai Lookout 
 Kainoa 
Nani
 U/U  clearly this seal didn't want to be identified. 
 Buster and Rip 2 dudes hanging out
 Buster
Haupu
Kermit - WHAT A GREAT article in Sunday's paper... it was front and back page of the Local section.
Great work done by all including our beloved Kermit

4 comments:

madhatter said...

Is there any way you can post the article about Kermit ?
I would love to read it.

Diga said...

Here is a link to the article: http://www.staradvertiser.com/featurespremium/20140309_Ride_along.html?id=249170411

Hope it works. Diane

Diga said...

You may need a temporary subscription to read the article in the Star Advertiser but this link has most of the article in it plus other interesting links:

http://thegreenleaf.staradvertiserblogs.com/2014/03/09/thanks-kermit/

Diane

madhatter said...

Diane,
Thanks for the link, I love swimming along with Kermit. Wish I could be as laid back as Kermit, I enjoy his pictures and his expressions. I hope to see him in person some day,but of course I wouldn't get too close.