Thursday, March 6, 2014

3-5-2014 DB's Dailies: Sadie&Kainoa@RI, Kaiwi@TBL , Rocky@KK, Benny&Kerby@Maili Pt, Haupu,M&M@WP, 2UU@RR, Kermit@WSK, Right Spot@Chun's,

After a few days on nobody being on Rabbit Island I was stoked to see 2 critters out there today. Kainoa (RN04) was up at the Left Greenery Naupaka, and there was an animal partially visible in the Morning Glory fronting 1BS. I spent the day trying to figure out who this apparently pregnant female , with 2 red tags, and familiar chest scars might be. When I got back to check my observations against my photo database it became obvious that it was SADIE !!! (RB12). Yes.... I last saw her on 11-16-13, and she had been confirmed on the Mokes last year. Her birth prediction for this year is 3-29-14, and I’m hoping that she has come home for that event. We Shall See !
 
At 1230 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at Toilet Bowl, Hanauma Bay.
 
At 1313 I found Rocky (RH58) at Irma’s Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock.
 
At 0739 the Billands advised that Dana had sent them shots of a animal with a possible hook at Maili Pt. When they arrived at 0808 the had just a few moments to get the Benny (RE74) ID and confirm green line and a swivel, but he was run off by dogs before anymore info could be gained.
 
At 0830 Team Billand reported Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point.
Diane Tekai called at 0834 with the report of Haupu (RB24) at #1708, White Plains.
 
At 1045 Diane called again with word of the arrival of M&M (R020) fronting the snack shack, WP.
 
The Billands advised that Eileen had called with the report of 2 small animals at the Reef Runway. She was unable to get an ID, but Kekoa and U’ilani would certainly be at the top of my list.
 
The Billands got a call about an animal at Wind Sock. When they arrived the animal was gone, however a witness said it had a transmitter on the back. Sounds like Kermit to the Billands & I.
 
Dana forward a shot from Karen Frutchey, of Right Spot (R016) at Chun’s Reef today.
 

My morning check of YouTube brought this video of Kea (RN46) yesterday in Maunalua Bay .

 Sadie Sadie pregnant lady.... stay on Rabbit Island!
 Kaiwi 
 Kaiwi pretending to be flat stanley
 Rocky at Kokee Flats

No comments: