Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3/10/2014 DB's Dailies: Kainoa@RI, U/U@Kaimana Beach, Buster & RIP @ White Plains

On my 0737 look at Rabbit Island I thought that there was nobody in the 1st Cave, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0949 I began to see that there might be somebody back there in the cave. Finally , at 1156 I was able to determine that it was Kainoa (RN04). This was his 3rd consecutive day in the cave. On my 1526 recheck he was no longer there.
 
My day began at 0603 with a call from Brandi, advising that the U/U at Kaimana Beach was still there. Marilyn stopped by on her way to work at 0754 but the animal, and the signs, were gone. Apparently, Colleen had arrived just ahead of her and retrieved the signs. An afternoon email from Dana , forwarding a Jessica Plummer shot from last night brought a bit more clarity to the possible ID. It appeared to me that it may well be Benny (RE74), and when I forward the shot to Tracy, she too felt the same. There were no further reports of the animal today. An U/U is still required. The possible ID is significant because Benny is known to have green line and a swivel at his mouth, suggesting a possible hook, so finding him is of utmost importance.
 
At 0850 Team Billand called with the report of the arrival of Buster (RV08) to the showers at White Plains.
 
At 1226 the Billands advised that volunteer Jean had called with the report of he arrival of RIP (RR70) to join Buster.
 

Ast 1245 the Billands called to advised that posse member Eileen had called them with the report of T21M at the birth beach, on the Reef Runway.

Buster and Rip
 Buster 
 Rip

No comments: