Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9-25-2013 DB's Dailies: Kea@AD, Buster@BH&SB, Aukai,Duke&U/M@RI, M&M@WP, Ewa Girl@WSK, Makaiwi@KoOlina, Kekoa@RR, Haupu@GR, Rocky@Kaimana

The Kea Quest began at 0600 but others would show up before he did. At 0800 I found Buster (RV08) doing 8 minute dives at Blowhole.
 
At 0952 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal just hauling out fronting the "Pipe Littles" break at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1005 I found Buster (RV08). As I was putting up the cordon, faced with a tour bus full of the adoring hordes, bearing down Buster & I, Colleen called saying that her sister, at Sandy Beach, reported Buster’s arrival. Thank you Colleen & Sis ! Buster was gone at 1638.
 
Multiple trips from Sandy Beach to the AD estuary were fruitless until , on my umpteenth check, I found Kea (RN46) on the water front rocks, 75 yds east of the AD wall, at 1028. I put up an SPZ and he has remained the rest of the day. He would enter the water at 1638, and when I arrived at 1648 he was lolling and foraging to the east. I lost track of him at 1736.
 
At 1102, from Makai Pier, I found Duke (RA12), Aukai (RL12) and an U/M, with 2 red tags, just left of 1BS, on Rabbit Island. The Unknown just never gave me enough to go on. I’ve got a couple of possibles, but maybe tomorrow with answer the question.
 
At 0630 Team Billand reported M&M (R020) fronting #1944, White Plains.
 
At 0702 the Billands found Ewa Girl (RS00) at Wind Sock.
 
At 0904 Team Billands reported Makaiwi (R4DF) At KoOlina.
 
Cianna called at 1255 advising that Eileen had reported Kekoa (RK72) at the Reef Runway.
 
At 1340 Team Billand found Haupu (RB24) at Maili, Guard Rails Beach.
 
At 1535 Cianna called with the report of an animal at Kaimana Beach. My dollar is on Rocky but ?????? Dana called at 1745 to confirm the Rocky (RH58) ID. Thank you Colleen,Dana & Danielle. 
 
Whole Foods posse person Teri called at 1808 with the report of 2 animals, she believed to be Irma & Benny at Crappy Cove, at the back entrance to Sandy Beach. When we arrived at 1815  sure enough there were the dynamic duo snoozin' together. We put up orange cones with signs. Hopefully the 4WD idiots will show some class. 
 

Cianna called at 1925 to advise of a call about an animal, in the water, with a fish in it's mouth, off shore of the Hilton Hawaiian Village hotel. Cianna called again at 1927 to advise that the caller called back to advise that an N36 bleach had been seen !! Looks like our boy RK36 is passing by.

 Buster snoozing while some dude ignores the warning signs
  Kea stretched out
 Dana and Danielle and Rocky Girl!
 Ewa Girl
 Haupu at Guard Rails
 MM at white plains

 Very Cool... Team Billand Rocks *lol*

1 comment:

barbara said...

I missed finding you Makaiwi, I wish you well...I hope you are SAFE. God bless....