Thursday, September 5, 2013

9-5-2013 DB's Dailies: Kea&Benny@AD, Duke&Benny@RI, Buster@SB&BH, Kaiwi@BF, Benny@SB, Pohaku@Maili Pt, RIP@KP

At 0545 I found Kea (RN46), foraging near the rock flats, 200yds east of the AD wall. He would gradually work his way back to the west and was foraging in the water at the 100yd flats when I departed at 0700. Diane reported that Benny (RE74) made a stop to interact with Kea again today. He hauled out to join the kid and both spent water time together. After Benny's departure Kea did a swim east to is birth spot. Diane managed to alert a fisherman that Kea was coming and the guy move on. , and Benny continued his non-stop cruiser activity. Kea left his tide pool at 1854 and was foraging in the water just east of the flats at closing time.
 
At 0953 I found Duke (RA12), 20 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island.
 
At 1019 a swimming head hauled out to Duke’s location. It would prove to be Benny (RE74). He stayed just long enough to give Duke a bark, and then rolled back to the water to continue his cruiser mission.
 
At 1038 a Sandy Beach lifeguard called with the report of an animal at the Blowhole end of SB. When I arrived at 1049 I found Buster (RV08). He is back from his North Shore adventure !!! I cordoned him off, and he remains.
 
That North Shore adventure was on account of Right Spot, and original posse members Bob & Baebel called just moments ago to advise that they had seen "N6" (Right Spot , R016) at 3 Tables (near Shark’s Cove) yesterday.
 
At 1120 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at Buster Flats.
 
Kathy called at 1238 with the report of an animal foraging at Blowhole. When I arrived I found Buster doing 10 minute dives. I went to Sandy Beach and picked up the rope and signs for the earlier Buster haul out. Thank you Kathy !
 
A call from Dana at 1407 brought news that Jason had found RIP (RR70) on the west side of Ka’ena Point. ID was by R46/47 tag. He saw no transmitter and no line.
 
At 1618 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Maili Pt. She was washed off the rocks shortly after their arrival.
 
Kathy called again at 1643 with the report of 2 seals fighting at Blowhole. When I arrived I found only Buster, foraging. As we stood there I happened to look down the length of Sandy Beach, and at 1705 saw an animal just hauling out at the far east end. When I got there at 1709 I found Benny . I cordoned him off and he remains. We picked up the rope at 1914. Benny remains.
 

Dera confirmed Rocky (RH58) at Kaimana at 1705.

 Buster 
  Kea with his "flipper" in the air... so it a shark impression? a seal shaka?
 hmmm something smells?  
 hi! are you my daddy?
 wait wait... don't leave
 come on i just want to play
 thats okay i am happy on my own
 Benny at SB
 Pohaku 
 Rocky girl 
 

No comments: