Thursday, September 12, 2013

9-12-2013 DB's Dailies: Kea@AD, Buster@SB, Duke&U/F@RI, Kekoa@RR, Kolohe@Maili Pt

The Kea Quest began at 0550. At 0617 I finally found him in the shallows fronting Kaiwi’s Naupaka Bush, 400 yds east of the AD wall. He would hang out in the area, ranging as far as the point at the estuary, and then back again to the west. When Lesley relieved me at 0700 he was at the tide pool at his birth site. At 0800 he got back to the rock flats at the 100 yd mark east of the wall, and snoozed away the rest of the day at that location. He would enter the water again at 1804. At the 1900 close of day he was back to off shore of the 200 yd rock flats.
 
At 0942 lifeguard posse member Billy, called with the report of an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0949 I found Buster (RV08), and cordoned him off. He would depart at 1632.
 
At 1019 I found Duke (RA12) at the Middle Cliff area of Rabbit Island. I’ve been reasonably sure that he was my U/U of the last few days, but I finally got a decent look at him, and can confirm that he is 30% molted.
 
On a pan at 1111 I found an U/F , partially visible at Rocky Right Beach on Rabbit Island. It is one of the juvenile females (Kaiwi..Nani..Aukai, but ?????????).
 
A 1000 email from Colleen advised that Rocky (RH58) was a no show as of that time. I’ve gotten no further word.
 
At 1216 Team Billand reported Kekoa (RK72) at the Reef Runway.
 
At 1345 they found Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point.
 

Karen Turner sent shots of Nihoa (R912)&Luana at Mokuleia today. 

  Kea early morn
Nihoa and Luana
 UF who can you be? 
 Kekoa... go find your sister!!! and stay away from that molasses spilled out there by some asses!
Kolohe  

No comments: