Thursday, October 6, 2011

10-6-11 DB Dailies and More

At 0545 we found Kaiwi (RK96) lolling in her little nook (or is it a cranny), 300 yds east of the AD wall. This has been her base location for the past 5 days. She was still there when I departed at 0730. On Alice's 7-10 shift, she put some mileage on her flip flops. Kaiwi swam approximately 100 yds east to the point before the estuary, for the first time, and then turned and swam westward, passing her starting point and continuing on to the water front rock flats at her birth sight, only to turn and return to her starting location . She was snoozin' there when I checked in at 1300. When we arrived for breakdown this evening she was right back in her nook again.

On the first look at Rabbit Island I found Duke (RA12) up in the Morning Glory behind Seal Rock Inlet. He would move down and into the water at 1027. I did not see him again today.

At 0807 I found Buster (RV08) doing 6 minute dives at Blowhole Lookout. Dera called with the report of an animal at Makapuu at 1120. When I arrived at 1127 I found Irma (R010) snoozin' at the extreme far right corner of the beach, and cordoned her off. She has remained the rest of the day. We picked up the stuff at 1930. Irma was gone

At 0923 Team Billand called to advise that they were following Kermit (R4DG), passing Nimitz Cottages, Wind Sock, and then finally hauling out between Tower #1 and the east end fence line at White Plains, at 0958. Kermit departed at 1640. The Billands met my very most favorite DOCARE dude, Ken Lesperance over there today (day off).

Ocean Safety called at 1336 to advise of a newly arrived animal at Magic Island. I notified Dana. I've received no further information.

 Ka Iwi  on Day 56 
 Irma @ Makapuu 
 Hey Irma go and get Ka Iwi 
 Ka Iwi little shake and bake
 Great shot... call of the wild
 Gone swimming
 Kermit being tracked by Team Billand
 Is this Kermit and Ken?
 Or is this Kermit and Ken?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Outdoor Rec" guy is long time Team Billand posse member, John. I wasn't sure of the ID so I didn't title the shot, but Barbara wrote later in the evening to say it was John. The guy with his son, and blue flippers is Ken & son. DB

Donna said...

THANKS DB.... I just wasn't sure since outdoor rec guy was so prominent in the photo... I appreciate it.