Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10-19-10 In my own words

Aloha Good People;

I don't usually indulge and take up space on the blog about my personal thoughts... but listening to today's news reports of close to 50 exotic wild animals being killed because of human selfish desire to own wild animals just raises so many mixed emotions.  I know its complicated.... and sadly some of our most endangered species are only surviving in captivity.... this is why its important for there to be good, well funded, professionally staffed facilities, not some random person who has a lot of land and decides they want to collect wild animals. It was irresponsible for this man, but also the state county and authorities to have let that many precious animals be in his custody.  

Okay, so having said all that, I also want to say how honored I am to be a part of a wonderful group of people, (volunteers, and agencies) who are doing what we can to save this precious species and keeping them wild. Doing what we can to allow them to live in the environment in which they belong, raising the awareness that this place we call earth does not belong to people but to all living things.  Thank you all, for allowing me to do what has become my passion and something that really does matter.  ~da blog lady~

Ka Iwi  courtesy of Karen Rohter

1 comment:

Becky Gray said...

Great picture, Karen.