Saturday, October 1, 2011

10-1-11 DB Dailies

At 0545 we arrived to find Kaiwi (RK96) in the shallows, 100 ft east of the SPZ. During the morning she would range as far as 100 yards east of the SPZ. She returned to the 100 ft area as of 1030ish (per Lesley), and when I got back for a check Alice and I watched her playing in that area. She finally reentered the SPZ (just barely) at 1235. At 1236 she hauled out for the first time of the day, just 25 ft in side the east end of the SPZ. She was in snooze mode when I departed at 1300. According the the afternoon shifts, she snoozed away the entire afternoon. She was right where I'd left her at 1300, when we called it a day at 1900.

At 0730 I found M&M (R020), Buster (RV08), and Kolohe (RW22) , 60 ft left of 1BS , on Rabbit Island. I also found Duke (RA12) by himself on the right side of SRI.

On my 2nd look at 0850 I found found that Nani (RK60) had joined the cast on the Waimanalo side of Left Point Beach . All would remain there all day .
At 0803 I found Irma (R010) at the Kealahou traffic light at Irma's. She would remain all day. On my 1818 check, Irma was gone. I picked up the stuff and continued the adventure.

Team Billand checked in a 0835 with the report of Kermit (R4DG) between Tower#1 and then fence line at White Plains. It sounded like the typical weekend "zoofest" at WP.

Marilyn did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and reported 761, Ka'ena, Noa and 2AW at the end of the world. 761 appears to be 99% molted since her last sighting.
M+M R020 - Buster RV08 - Kolohe RW22

 Irma @ Irmas skinny and tired 
 Kermit... and friend interesting shot... thank goodness labs are more interested in their toys and water
 White Plains crowds and Kermit
 the next generation of seal supporters.... too cute

2 comments:

Barbara said...

The pretty lady with the Shaka, is our very own, MRS.TONY RUSS of Ewa Beach. She was at the Access Surf with her handsome, darling son, Johnny who was having fun in the surf. TONY is the lady who spots our beloved Rocky now and then fronting her home in Ewa. I was trying to sneak in a shot of her and she turned and gave me a SHAKA!

The dog is JETSON, who visited Kermit many times, checking that big boy out.

The three princesses were irrisitable, I had to take their photo, just so cute. They were bidding Kermit farewell after visiting with Mom? Auntie?

Couldnt believe Kermit just lay there till 4ish...with hundreds of folks out there. But he did.

Donna said...

Well Thank You Mrs. Russ for being a look out at Ewa Beach. Nice to know the "posse" out there on the beaches.
And how cool is Jetson... I have to admit I would be very nervous seeing a dog that close, but this is a perfect example of you just have to access each situation as it arises.

Yes Barb, those little ones are too cute!