Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10-19-11 DB Dailies and More

Kaiwi was in her tide pool, 150 ft east of the AD wall when we arrived at 0600. She would exit the pool, and forage both near shore and as far as 50 ft off shore, while drifting to the east. Gayle advised at Kaiwi hauled out to her usual 300 yd east of the AD wall spot at 0747, and moved up to the grass for a snooze. According to the log she reentered the water at 1100, and spent the rest of the day in the water, swimming a bit east and then doing her routine trip to 150 ft east of the AD wall, checking all the usual tide pools, and moving out on the flats a bit. She then began working her way back east. When I joined Jean&Larry at dusk she was in a tide pool, 200 yds east of the AD wall.

"Jack at the Bay" called at 0651 reporting that Greg said, that Otto said there was an animal at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0657 I found KC (RK28) at the east end of the beach. I cordoned her off and rechecked her periodically. I also got help from posse members Anna and Alice. Alice reported that she was still there at 1500, however when I picked up the stuff at 1820 she was gone.

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 1020 I found Nani (RK60) on the Waimanalo end of Left Point Beach, and Buster (RV08) with Duke (RA12), 40 ft left of 1BS.

Team Billand reported RIP (RR70) at Maili Pt at 1513. They reported Kermit (R4DG) fronting #1708 at White Plains at 1555. He would depart at 1609.

Karen Turner sent photos of La'akea (RK82) at Turtle Bay today.

Nani RK60 @ Rabbit Island
Ka Iwi RK96 @ Alan Davis Estate
Love this T Shirt I want one.
KC RK28 @ Sandy's Beach
I can't swear by this but either this is one of KCs first visits to Sandy's or for sure a very rare visit .
Perhaps a rare visit but she sure is comfortable
RIP R70 @ Maili
Now this is a pose! Great shot Barb
Kermit 4DG @ White Plains
Heading out
maybe not
Thank you to Karen Turner for La'akea update
looking cute as usual
say goodnight La'akea

No comments: