Saturday, October 29, 2011

10-28-11 My Friday with Kaiwi

Today was one of those days where I spent more time looking through my binoculars. The kid was on the move.... when I first arrived she was tooling around crappy cove and riding some waves. After an hour or so she disappeared... I waited over 20 minutes and checked in the seal whisperer. DB suggested I look over at Irma's if she didn't show up.... 
I decided to scoot over and who did I bump into ? Kaiwi's lucky charm Gayle... and sure enough there was the kid...  For the first time I experienced what it was like to chase a seal on the move.... she slowed down once but for the most part she was moving toward the AD parking lot at a steady clip.  I went back to get my car and Gayle walked the beach.... and just as i pulled up she hauled out shortly after.  This was a huge thrill for me.... DB and Team Billand experience this all the time, but for me this was a first.
Just want to say thank you to Tammy and Lori for hanging out a bit with me at crappy cove.  Thank you to Gayle for her magic bringing Kaiwi back to light.... thank you to DB for all his wisdom....  Thank you to David for dropping off some information laminated information sheets.... AND finally thank you to Freddy for your big smile.!  ~da blog lady~

 He was really smiling... so cute!

No comments: