Thursday, June 9, 2011

6-9-11 DB Dailies

On my 0625 check of Rabbit Island I found M&M (R020) and Pup, high on the beach, behind Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0802 they had moved down to the left side , water front rocks at SRI. They remained there all day. I saw 2 feeds and the rest was snoozin'. As of D#16 I have still not seen any swim activity. Hopefully, M&M has a plan. I just can't figure out what it is.

At 0802 I found that Duke (RA12) had joined the cast, snoozin' up in the Morning Glory, 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. He was not a popular guy with the Sooty Terns, whose nests he had chosen to flop on. He would later move down to the water line to stay cool for the rest of the day.

At 1039 Buster (RV08) showed up, hauling out to join Duke. There was only minimal interaction, and both remained there together for the rest of the day.

Team Billand called at 1013 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1806 at Nimitz Cottages, and Max (R5EW) just in the process of hauling out, 200 ft down the beach.

An early morning email from Dera brought confirmation that RK22's pup is a male, and that Rocky's pup is a female ! No names have been given yet. When I know, you'll know.

I just changed into my Monk Seal CIA hat moments ago, and found a shot on the Island Divers website, of Kolohe (RW22) at Spitting Cave today. I did not see him on my morning check so he must have showed up after I left.

 Momma M+M and Pup
 Sir Duke
 Buster and Duke
Kolohe @ Spitting Cave... Great Shot 
 Maka'iwi @ Nimitz
Max @ Nimitz

No comments: