Saturday, June 25, 2011

6-25-11 DB Dailies

At 0623 on this overcast Saturday, I found M&M (R020) and Pup, on D#32, just heading to the water for the 1st of 2 observed swims. I would also see 3 feeds. They would spend the day in the 3BS area on Rabbit Island.

On my 0645 Spitting Cave check I found Duke (RA12) close to "the big rock", and also investigating the the mouth of the Spitting Cave. When I first saw him he was workin' on a Puffer Fish, but alas all the shots were hideously out of focus...bummer.

I also found Buster (RV08) at SC. He was in a totally separate location, at the 2nd point over to the right.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0910, Mom and kid were doing a feed. On a pan I found Kolohe (RW22), partially visible at Rocky Right Beach.

While in Kolohe mode..... I found photos awaiting me this morning from intrepid posse person, diver, photograher, and possibly perfect human, Jen Christian taken on her night dive in Maunalua Bay last night at Angler's Reef. She got shots of Kolohe foraging at that location.

On a pan at 1054 I found RIP (RR70), newly arrived , 60 ft right of 3BS. He would galumph to Seal Rock Inlet, and enter the water at 1117. At 1127 he was dumb enough to attempt a haul out at M&M's location. Nope....bad idea RIP...bad idea ! I did not see him again after that.

Team Billand checked in at 0922 with the report of Max (R5EW) at 187A, Oneula Place, Ewa Beach. He would depart with the rising tide at 1030, and the Billands reported that he was at Pohakupuna Rd, at (which is just down the beach from the 1st location), at 1230.

Dana called at 1300 with the report that Diane Gabriel and Karen Turner had trekked well west of Woop Woop ( its an Oz thing...I had to do it Diane), in the High Rock country of the North Shore on an Ua Quest. Alas no Ua was found today.

MM and Pup v.s. RIP
Kolohe @ Anglers during a night dive
The Duke @ Spitting Cave
great shot
Maximum cuteness @ Electric Beach
Don't know if the dude knows there is a seal or a rock.
Colleen's VP in charge of Diamond Head Monk Seal Operations, called at 1823, with live, local, late breaking news that Irma (R010) was hangin' at the showers at Diamond Head. It's always hard when you have Irma's left side to deal with, but honest..... I can see the white nail on the left fore flipper. (DB)

No comments: