Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6-7-11 DB Dailies

I will forego my usual chronological flow of events of the day, and get right to the Biggy, Live, Local, Late Breaking news of the day. Shezzzzz Baaaaaack!!!! Yep... at 1336 Team Billand reported that they'd gotten a call from posse member , Frank at Iroquois Point, and when they arrived at 1358 Therrrrrrrre was Rocky (RH53), Green and slim and back home !!! I notified Aunty Colleen immediately.

When I turned on the computer this morning at 0400, I first got the word, not from PIRO, not from PIFSC, but our very own Blog Lady, The Donna, that Rocky had weaned her pup last weekend. Today she is back home ! The vacation is over guys... get ready for those Magic Island to Diamond Head calls !!

Okay.... back to our regularly scheduled programing. At 0632 I found M&M (R020) and Pup, on D#14, high on the beach at Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0910 they had moved down to the water front rocks, and remained there all day. Once again, I got very few looks at the kid today, since just as with yesterday, it was on the other side of Mom all day.

At 1042 Kolohe (RW22) hauled out to the water front rocks, 60 ft right of 3BS. He would remain there all day. The location was 60 ft or so left of M&M's location.

On my 0704 Spitting Cave check I found Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives.

Team Billand checked in at 0741 to report Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1806, Nimitz Cottages.

Dana called at 0740 to advise that caller , Aloha had reported and animal at Malaekahana Beach Park, near Goat Island. She saw the 5AY tag this morning. This same caller had reported the animal to Dana last night, but did not have any ID info. She rechecked this morning and R5AY was still there.

I'd gotten mail from Posse member Stacey this morning reporting that a Facebook Friend of hers had posted a shot of an animal "in Laie", from yesterday. That animal was R5AY. I've got a mean feeling this was R5AY at the same location, since Malaekahana could be thought of as Laie (its just a few flipper flaps down the beach).
  Kolohe, MM and Pup
 Kolohe
 R5AY - hugging a log
Maka'iwi 4DE/4DF
 
 Frank with our returning momma Rocky
 Rocky looking really skinny... and yes green... 

No comments: